The gig brought me to the white house to work with the first lady in her garden, very cool, even got a handshake!
The next morning I flew over to MA to join my mom to surprise the rest of the family and join the celebration. It was a big success, Brenna was delighted and the party was great.
The next day I helped Daddy-o with the last boat trip of the season, then met my mom for drinks with friends. Very cool, it's rare to have the whole gang back together and everyone enjoyed it.
After that I spent several days working with my dad to rehab his future home. Starting to build a fence and finishing restoring a harwood floor was quite a lot of work and a great learning experience. Not without incident though, there was a break-in and most of our power tools were stolen. Quite heart breaking but such is life, and nice to be fortunate enough to have things many people want.Then off to NYC to meet up with college friends. A good trip made great by, hate to say it, the iPhone. Nothing like plopping yourself into unfamiliar territory and being able to find great places to eat and meet, even being able to tell can drivers where to go as if I were a local.

Visited the set of top model and showed face with the people I work with so much on the west coast. Always nice to see the "family."

No comments:
Post a Comment